They are required to withstand golf ball sized hail at 50 mph, but most exceed that minimum requirement.
Rates may stay the same or go up slightly. It’s best to check with your agent to be sure.
After our 12-year labor warranty, we will charge a regular hourly service fee for any system troubleshooting/fixes. Depending on the product selection you may have a 25 year product warranty for both Micro-inverters and Solar panels. Central inverters typically come with a 12 year warranty and you can extend that to 20 at the time of purchase.
All units are installed to UL standards and are well grounded. Lightning strikes are not covered by the warranty so check with your insurance agent.
If your roof is more than 10 years old, you may want to consider replacing at least the section of roof
where the solar panels will be. (This would be considered preparation for solar and should also qualify for the federal tax incentive, consult your CPA for further information.) REMEMBER if you have the land available... use it! So you don't have to worry about roof replacement down the road. We charge the same prices to put your solar on the ground vs. the roof.
We will remove the panels at the regular hourly service fee. We will replace them after the roof is repaired for the same hourly fee.
We provide a 12-year no leak guarantee on any penetrations made at the time of installation.
The production warranty states that the panels will produce at least 80% of the standard test condition value even after the warranty expires. Most actually do better.
9. Are Tesla solar shingles right for me? (watch video)
10. How does Solar work with my home owners insurance policy? (watch video)
11. How does solar financing work? (watch video)
12. How can We accurately project what your solar system will produce? (watch video)
13. Is solar a scam? (watch video)
14. Do I need Batteries for my solar installation? (watch video)
15. What should I look out for in buying solar panels? (watch video)
16. What should your sales rep be discussing when getting a solar quote? (watch video)
Video Library of Fun Education on Solar topics: